Marine And Offshore Insight: September 2013


Sunday, September 8, 2013

Maritime Documents & Ranks

Some people wish to join maritime job, but they don't know where to start from and what they need to start carry on this field, on this post, i will explain some basic things you need.

Basically, to become maritime professional, you most have high school or university certificate, you can check this rules on the   site.

For cadets, you need to have 4 basic stcw78/95 training certificates:

1Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats

2.  Basic Safety Training

3.  Fire fighting Training

4. Basic first aid training

 For engine and deck officers, you will need the above listed plus additional  four or more certificates pending on you rank (eg. 3rd engineer unlimited need 8 certificates plus 12 or more years of sea going /repairing  experience ). Please for more information about your rank documents, try to visit the stcw website to review them. 


Popular Posts