Sunday, April 24, 2016
|SKL Marine Diesel Engine|
Before starting marine Auxiliary Diesel engine :
Friday, April 15, 2016
Tuesday, April 12, 2016
Would wide crew mix
Saturday, April 2, 2016
In present time, internal combustion engine (ICE) play a greater key role in modern ships.
Marine engines are built for heavy-duty, and thus have two different types which we will like to enlighten our readers.
1. Trunk Engine : this actually a steam compatible engine developed for the propulsion of ships. This engine was built in such a way it reduced their overall length by placing the crosshead alongside the piston in the form of a hollow tubular trunk.
The name trunk was derived from the placement of the piston and connecting rod which links directly to the big end, while the crosshead hold on with the piston with the help of Gudgeon pin.. Thus, these are mainly use in four stroke engines.
2. Telescopic or crosshead type Engine : This is a type of engines use mostly in marine propulsion. It is a heavy duty engine with height, following the placement of it mechanisms.
Telescopic or crosshead engines (see image), it's mainly comes in two strokes. thus, it connecting rod or con rod(1) connects the big end(2) and crosshead (3). While the piston rod(4)which is attached to the piston crown(5), links the piston to the crosshead.
The telescopic or crosshead type of engine has big advantage more than that of trunk, because during reciprocating to rotary motion conversion , the crosshead joint helps in reducing the piston side wears. So in crosshead, you will hardly have port & Starboard wears in your linner or piston the way it normally be in trunk engines.
Friday, April 1, 2016
Seafarers job is a type of carrier whereby you may not see your wife or kids for some months... ; sometimes it happens that some seafarers do sail for long distance (one or two months) without mobile network or Internet to reach there families. In that case, there is need for a seaman to carefully select woman to marry.
On this article, We are going to list some factors which seafarers must consider before marriage. ;
1. Love : the word "love" sometimes can be dynamic. In the early stages, it is sweeter than honey which may cause you and your partner not to know more about the future and nature of the environment(staying alone for months with you) . So while in love, as a seafarer, you must make sure you explain to your partner in detail about the nature of your job, be sure she or he loves you.
2. Beauty/handsome : Everyone like to have his or her partner to be beautiful or handsome on the outer look, but forgot that what makes up handsome man and beautiful woman are not only the outer look, but it involves the behavior of the person, understanding, trust, patience, etc. Therefore while choosing wife as a seafarer, you must not consider the physical body look, but first consider the inner side first, because the inner side listed above does it all while you are offshore not the physical look.
3. Home trained & management : As a seafarer, if you marry someone who lack home training or management skills, you will end up working but zero efforts. Women are very sensitive and can be change. You need to make sure your partner have home train and can manage your home in your absence.
4. Fear of God : This point have it all, if your partner have the fear of God in him or her, then the number one and two points could have been included. Meaning you will have her trained either by the help of your family members or your religion members, since you are not always at home to do that.
In conclusion, you need to pray to God, for the best partner.
Maritime or shipping service, has created a lots of job opportunities worldwide. Today, because of world crisis, the shipping companies have...
FEMALE DECK OFFICER Maritime career been a profession in which everyone must attend exams to move to the upper rank, you need to always...
In shipping industries, crews onborad are not allow to bring their family (wife) onboard due to some certain reason, but in the other ha...
To become a seafarer is very easy and also can be very difficult. On this article i will like to list the first steps of any seafarer who ...
On this article we are going to look into the difficulties which the Nigerian seafarers are facing in regards of the salaries and jobs. ...